Swimming and water safety
What do children need for their swimming lessons?
- All children are required to wear swimming hats as it prevents damage to filters in the pool.
- Goggles are allowed only with a supporting letter from a GP. Children need to learn how to stay calm in the water even if they fall in unexpectedly without goggles and this is what we aim to teach them.
- Swimming trunks, briefs or all in one swimming suits are appropriate. Loose or baggy shorts are not allowed. Board shorts or long legged shorts are not allowed. See below for what is permitted
- Or one piece swimming costume. No bikinis allowed.
- Flip Flops are recommended for use poolside but not essential and for moving from their changing area to the pool. This will prevent their school shoes from getting wet and stop them hurting their feet
- A towel for drying is also essential.
Please ensure all items are named clearly.
Suitable trunks or briefs examples:
One piece swimming costume example: