Mental Health Support
I am worried about my child's or my own mental health and wellbeing
If you are worried about the mental health and wellbeing of you or your child, please get in touch. Mrs Hardwick, our Pastoral Support, can help and possibly guide you to external services that may be able to support you. Please see below.
Another option is Early Help, who can support families and guide individuals to more support. https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/early-help-support-for-families
Kent Emotional Health and Wellbeing
From time to time we all struggle with our emotional health and wellbeing. For some children and young people it can be difficult to manage and understand their feelings. Young people might experience a wide variety of difficulties including low mood, difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, difficulty concentrating or might be avoiding school.
Call the Single Point of Access number on 0800 0113 474 between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and choose option one.
If a child or young person needs urgent help please call 0800 0113 474 or text the word KENT to 85258.
The School Health Team may support you and your child directly or refer you to another provider if appropriate. Our team works closely with the Kent Children and Young People’s Mental Health Service.
ChatHealth is a text service for 11-19 year-olds. Young people can text with a member of our team about any physical or emotional health concerns they have. This service is available Monday to Friday, 9am on 07520 618850.
This service is confidential and anonymous.
Children and Young People's Counselling Service
We can offer up to six counselling sessions for young people aged 11-19. These sessions can help a young person gain understanding and develop strategies to help them feel better. For primary school-aged children, we can offer the child six sessions with a counsellor, or if more appropriate, we can offer parents six weekly sessions with advice on practical, easy to use strategies to support your child.
These sessions can be offered via video link, phone or in person. If you wish to access this support or find out more please complete our online referral form or call 0800 0113 474.
Supporting a child at home
- The Kent Resilience Hub is aimed at parents of children aged between 10 and 16. It has a range of helpful articles, tools and resources for parents and carers, so that you can increase understanding and find tools and approaches to help build your child’s resilience.
- Good Mental Health Matters is another site that provides great resources to help parents support their whole families emotional health.
Resources for children and young people:
- Kent Youth Health provides health information and advice directly to young people.
- Kooth is a fantastic free online mental health and wellbeing service for young people aged 10 to 25. It’s a place to get advice, information and support 24/7. Watch their video to understand how Kooth can support your child with their mental health and wellbeing.
- Access Moodspark.org.uk to learn about mental health and find tips and resources to keep emotionally healthy.
- Good Health Matters is a great website which can help support a child or young person to make small changes to support their mental health.
Contact the Emotional Health and Wellbeing Team
Getting in touch is easy:
0800 0113 474
Complete our online referral form.
We take referrals directly from:
- children and young people
- parents or carers
- schools, colleges and higher education colleges
- other health care professionals or partner organisations
- voluntary agencies.