Two children are elected from each class (years 2 - 6) to join East Peckham's School Council. These children have an important job and that is to share the voice of the pupils with the teaching staff. They have an important say in school development and work closely with their classes to help improve all aspects of school life.
In 2022-23, we:
- Looked at options for renovating the school playground. It has been divided into 4 stages and we chose the first stage.
- Hosted a 'Break the Rules Day', raising funds for those in our school community who may not be able to pay for trips and visits. This idea came completely from School Council themselves.
- Led a special 'Celebration Assembly' to celebrate our teachers on World Teacher Appreciation Day.
- Shared opinions on the new school day timings, including adding an afternoon playtime.
- Asked for more equipment for the playground, which has since been purchased.